Hi Sunshine! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We hosted Thanksgiving dinner as usual however, this year we had a few additional guest. It was a great day of fun, food and lots of laughter but boy am I pooped. It’s after midnight and this is my first opportunity to sit down in a quite space. Now that I’ve survived Thanksgiving, it’s time to launch a plan to survive Black Friday and stay within my budget.
Every year when I go out to shop for Black Friday it usually turns into “shop for Val” Friday. I’ve looked through the sale ads and know we will get out at some point today. This year, it’s my plan to not only shop for Val but to bring home gifts for others while keeping some cash in my pocket. Below I share 5 tips that I plan to apply. Hopefully they will help you too.
5 Tips to Survive Black Friday on a Budget
- Set a budget for the entire holiday season. Then you want to consider drilling down to how much you will spend per person. I do this every year using my favorite holiday iPhone app mGift. Lastly, set aside how much you plan to spend for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
- Plan Ahead-Go through the ads and decide where you want to go. Don’t forget the coupons.
- Make a list or circle the items you want to buy and for whom. Stay focused.
- There’s bound to be items on your list that are sold out. Do you have alternative “just in case” items?
- I don’t know about you but I get sidetracked pretty easily. If you feel that you won’t be able to resist over buying then online shopping might be best for you.
While this is more of a survival tip rather than a budget tip, it’s important to make sure you dress comfortably, wear comfortable shoes, stay hydrated and depending on how long you plan to stay out you may consider taking snacks.
Following these tips should help us have an easy fail proof shopping day. Do you have any holiday shopping tips that help you stay on track? If so, share them below.