Someday’s it seems my life is pretty hectic and I don’t know if I’m coming or going. I work full time, manage the bookstore at my church and juggle blogging and my social media accounts. Oh and let’s not forget I’m a wife and mom and try to maintain some resemblance of a social life. In order to not pull all of my hair out, I have to stay organized and plan. I often have people ask how I keep it all together. Honestly, at times I question how well I’m keeping it all together! The key for me is planning. In a digital world and considering how much I love technology, I’m still a pen and paper girl when it comes to planning. I like writing things down and crossing them off a list which is why I’m enjoying planning with the Erin Condren Life Planner.
While there are a lot of planner options available and I’ve tried quite a few of them, I’ve been very impressed with planners by Erin Condren. About two years ago I had my first experience visiting the Erin Condren store in Austin. I swear I was like a little kid in a candy store. Thank goodness they had a place for my husband to sit and wait while I worked through my customization options. It was so exciting and there were so many options! Now, two years later, I’m gearing up for 2020 and doing it with my Erin Condren Life Planner.
Erin Condren PLANNER CUSTOMIZATION
I bore easily so I love that the Life Planner offers many customization options. I’ve highlighted a few below.
- Covers- this is probably my favorite option. There’s a large selection of interchangeable covers which can be personalized with your name, tagline or whatever else you’d like to include. The allows the opportunity to show a bit of personality and versatility and for people like me who need a change, it provides a refreshed look.
- Calendar- Erin Condren offers three layout options with colorful or neutral pages; hourly, vertical and horizontal all of which can be purchased in 12 or 18 m0nth formats. My 2020 planner is the horizontal layout with colorful pages. I’ve actually never used a horizontal planner so this has allowed me an opportunity to try something different.
- Coil– yes, you can choose your coil! You have a choice between gold, rose gold, black or silver coils. I’m using gold this time but I’ve also had rose gold. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the 4 colors.
If you are a goal setter like me, you will love the goal pages at the beginning of each month. This will allow me to stay focused on what I want to accomplish for the month. At the end of the month I evaluate where I stand with that goal. If it’s completed, I move on, otherwise I might need to carry it over to the next month.
Need room to jot down notes? Well, in the Life Planner you will find a note page in every month and several others in the back of the planner. I’m a note taker so I do wish there were more note pages although that would make the planner thicker. There are also coloring pages. Yes, coloring pages. Coloring is a great way to take a break and relieve stress! The Life Planner is filled with alot of other goodies such as motivational quotes at the beginning of each month, a place for monthly goals, and stickers for decorating!
ERIN CONDREN ACCESSORIES
- Markers– I love to write in different colors so the dual tip markers are right up my alley. These markers have one end that’s fine tip which is great for writing and a regular size tip at the other end. One way I work with color is by color coding the major categories that are included in my planning. I actually picked up this tip from another blogger. For instance, I have colors for bills, work, bookstore/church and blogging/social to name a few. (I had to add a color code chart at the beginning of my planner so I could remember what color I assigned to each area)
- Pouch– a pouch is a great way to make sure that I have my colored markers with me at all times. What’s great is that it has a strap that allows me to attach it to my planner. Winning!!
- Stickers-several pages of stickers are included in the back of the planner. I like using stickers to decorate my planner or to remind me of upcoming events. There are also sticker books that can be purchased to offer more variety.
- Dashboard- this serves a two-fold purpose; as a page marker and to jot down reminders, meal plans, etc. Erin Condren offers several different dashboards.
HOW I USE MY ERIN CONDREN LIFE PLANNER
In order to maximize my time, I try to keep things simple. I add events to the monthly pages as soon as I’m aware of them. Every week, usually on Sunday, I sit down to plan for the week. I add meetings and appointments which I usually pull from my monthly calendar then add priority items, things to do, etc. (color coded, of course) I like planners that provide a view of the entire week. The horizontal, vertical and hourly options allow for this.
In the upcoming year, I plan to be more consistent with adding my workout schedule to my calendar. I’ve found that if I schedule my workouts like I schedule meetings then it is more likely that I will keep that commitment.
One last thing, Erin Condren now offers a binder version of the Life Planner. The binder is a fairly recent addition to their planner family. I’ve noticed that it is offered in a daily layout. Now, this could be good. I haven’t tried the binder yet although I’d like to do so at some point. I think it will allow for even more customization options in that you can rearrange pages. hmmm
Overall, I really like planning with my Erin Condren Life Planner. Just as the name says, it helps me plan my crazy busy life. Not only is it functional but it’s also customizable and stylish. It’s well organized and allows you to plan based on your lifestyle.
Start the new decade off right, grab your 2020 planner and get $10.oo off using this link. After you set up your account a $10 coupon will be sent to you. The coupon can be used on just about anything you want to purchase.
Let me know below what planner you use and share your planning tips.
Thank you to Erin Condren for supplying the products seen in this post. This post contains affiliate links.